Trade-Related Government Agencies
International Trade Administration
– branch of the Department of Commerce that promotes exports of non-agricultural goods and services.
U.S. Trade and Development Agency
– foreign assistance channel that promotes US exports. Similar to USAID except that USAID is agnostic to exports, where as USTDA seeks to increase US exports.
Overseas Private Investment Corporation
– independent government agency that mobilizes private sector investments to promote emerging market development as well as job creation in the US
Export Import Bank
– official export credit agency of the Federal government whose mission is to finance the sale of US exports to international buyers.
– inter-departmental online resource for American firms seeking to expand operations abroad.
U.S. International Trade Commission
(USITC) – federal agency that determines the impact of imports on US industries and directs actions against unfair trade practices. They also perform independent research on trade matters for USTR and Congress. The USITC is also in charge of running the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS).
Federal Trade Commission
– agency that promotes consumer protection and the prevention of monopolies.
U.S. Trade Representative
– agency under the Executive branch that is responsible for recommending trade policy to the President, conducting trade negotiations at bilateral and multilateral levels, and coordinating trade policy within the government.
U.S. Customs & Border Protection
– CBP is a federal law enforcement agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security charged with regulating and facilitating international trade, collecting import duties, and enforcing U.S. regulations, including trade and customs.
U.S. Foreign Agricultural Service
– FAS is the foreign affairs agency with primary responsibility for the United States Department of Agriculture’s overseas programs such as market development, international trade agreements and negotiations.
If you are a current YTP member and would like to make a suggestion regarding other related government agencies, please send your suggestions to email@example.com
. Thank you for your input!