YTP hosts regular trade forums, happy hours/networking events and other events around DC. Events are generally free.
Upcoming YTP Event(s)
- More coming soon!
Past YTP Events
- YTP Policy Discussion of the Iran Nuclear Deal and Impact on Trade in the Region
- YTP Summer Intern Happy Hour
- YTP Annual Reception at the New Zealand Embassy
- YTP British Embassy Reception with remarks from Mark Kent
- Dec. 2 YTP APEC and its Outcomes
- YTP Fall Happy Hour at Tsunami
- YTP Trade on the Hill Roundtable with Rep. Charles Boustany
- YTP Happy Hour and Networking at The Science Club
- YTP Export Promotion and Credit Agencies: Ex-Im Bank & USTDA
- YTP Summer Intern Happy Hour at Madhatter
- YTP Roundtable on Global Supply Chain and Trade with Pietra Rivoli, Professor, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University
- 4th Annual Reception at the Embassy of New Zealand with Ambassador Moore
- WITA – WIIT – YTP World Trade Week Happy Hour
- YTP Trade in Services Panel Series: Trade Services Data & Services in Trade Negotiations
- YTP-YPFP-GW Young Alums: Today’s Trade Issues with Prof. Mike Moore
- Roundtable with Honorable Mark Kennedy
- Roundtable with USITC Commissioner David Johanson
- YTP Happy Hour at the Lucky Bar
- 5th Annual Holiday Reception with Jim Kolbe
- YTP Holiday Happy Hour at La Tasca
- YTP Joint Networking Happy Hour with YPFP’s International Trade and Finance Discussion Group
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: A YTP Roundtable Discussion with Jeffrey Clark
- Taiwan’s Trade Agenda: A YTP Roundtable Discussion with Kate Liao
- 3rd Annual Reception at the Embassy of New Zealand with Ambassador Moore
- Roundtable Discussion on GCC and US Trade Cooperation: Opportunities and Challenges with Ambassador Patrick Theros, President and Executive Director, US-Qatar Business Council, Danny Sebright, President, US-UAE Business Council, Jason Buntin, Director for Western Europe and Middle East Affairs, Office of the US Trade Representative, Executive Office of the President, Moderator: Nathan Regan, Country Manager – United States of America, Bahrain Economic Development Board
- WITA-WIIT-YTP World Trade Week and TTP Round Happy Hour at Lima Lounge
- Roundtable Discussion on Trade Issues in Agriculture with Darci Vetter, Deputy Under Secretary for Farm and Foreign Agriculture Service, USDA
- Roundtable Discussion on Export Controls with Eric McClafferty, Partner, Kelley Drye
- Roundtable on U.S.-Africa Trade with Katrin Kuhlmann, Director of The Corporate Council on Africa’s U.S.-Africa Business Center
- YTP Joint Networking Happy Hour with Young Professionals in Transportation (YPT)
- 4th Annual Holiday Reception with Jim Kolbe
- Roundtable Discussion on U.S.-China Trade & Economic Relationship in the Aftermath of China’s Political Transition with Damien Ma, Analyst in the Asia practice at Eurasia Group
- 2nd Annual YTP Holiday Happy Hour at the British Embassy
- Roundtable on Technical Barriers to Trade with Jennifer Stradtman, Director of TBT, USTR
- Growth Opportunities in India with Arun Venkataraman, Director for India, Office of South & Central Asia, USTR
- 2nd Annual Reception at the Embassy of New Zealand with Deputy Chief of Mission, Jane Coombs and Trade Counsellor, Rowena Hume
- Geographical Indications Panel
- YTP-Sejong Society Reception on the Future of the U.S.-Korea Economic Relationship with Gheewhan KIM, Minister for Economic Affairs at the Embassy of the Republic of Korea
- YTP-WITA-WIIT World Trade Week Happy Hour
- Happy Hour with guest speaker Tami Overby, VP for Asia, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- TPP Series: Public Sector Perspectives with Alpana Roy, Economics Counsellor, Embassy of Singapore and David Bisbee, Director Southeast Asia and Pacific Affairs, USTR
- NEI Happy Hour with guest speaker Elizabeth Schaefer, Department of Commerce
- Trade & Security Happy Hour with Nova Daly, Wiley Rein LLP
- TPP Series: Private Sector Perspectives with Catherine Mellor, Director for Asia, Chamber of Commerce, and former Ambassador David Nelson, Senior Manager, Government Affairs and Policy, GE
- 3rd Annual Holiday Reception with Jim Kolbe
- Brown Bag lunch with Lyn M. Schlitt, Director of External Relations, USITC
- 1st Annual YTP Holiday Happy Hour
- Labor Issues and Trade Discussion with Deputy USTR Timothy Wedding
- Reception at the British Embassy with Trade Staff
- Happy Hour with guest speaker Ryan Ong, Director of Business Advisory Services, US-China Business Council
- Russia-WTO Panel with Charles Ludolf, Senior Vice President of the Albright-Stonebridge Group, Cecilia Klein, head of WTO negotiations at USTR, and Randi Levinas, Executive Vice President at the US-Russia Business Council
- 1st Annual Reception at the Embassy of New Zealand with Ambassador Moore
- Happy Hour with guest speaker Alejandro Buvinic, Trade Attache of the Embassy of Chile
- Happy Hour with guest speaker Doug Goudie, Director of International Economic Affairs, NAM
- Happy Hour with guest speaker Angela Ellard, Chief Trade Counsel at the House Ways and Means Committee
- 2nd Annual Holiday Reception with Jim Kolbe
- Brown Bag Lunch with First Secretary of Economics at the Embassy of Korea, Mr. Juseong Lim
- Trade and Environment Forum at Oceana with Courtney Sakai and Amb. Allgeier
- Brown bag luncheon with Linda Andros, Legislative Counsel for the United Steel Workers International Union (USW)
- Services Brown Bag Luncheon with Bob Vastine
- Washington Networking Group’s International Networking Reception
- “Trade and Development Brown Bag Luncheon with Katrin Kuhlmann of the German Marshall Fund”
- 1st Annual Holiday Reception with Jim Kolbe
- YTP-ITA Happy Hour at Elephant & Castle on Penn. Ave.
- Climate Change w/Timothy Keeler of Mayer Brown
- China Imports w/ Sarah Thorn of Wal-Mart
- Trade Litigation at Wiley Rein, LLP
- YTP Trade Trivia Happy Hour
- International Trade and the Hill with Chelsea Thomas
- Happy hour fundraiser for Doctors Without Borders
- Trade Forum with Edie Wilson and Mariem Malouche of the World Bank
- Inaugural Trade Forum with former Deputy USTR, Amb. John Veroneau
If you have any ideas or suggestions for future events, please email us at email@example.com!
Americas Trade Policy
Upcoming WITA Events
Recent Event Photos
Alberto is a professional forester and natural resources economist working as an International Trade Analyst at the U.S. International Trade Commission. He works on import injury investigations and trade and industry analyses. Before joining the USITC, his consulting firm, Seneca Creek Associates, worked with forest products companies on land management and international trade issues. His work has included widely-cited studies on competitive aspects of illegal logging and evaluating legality and sustainability of U.S. wood products in international trade.
Will is a Legislative Assistant for Nucor Corporation in their Federal Government Affairs Division in Washington, DC. In this role, Will has gained experience in public policy analysis, due diligence, strategic communications, legislative coverage, and business strategy. Prior to Nucor, Will studied public policy at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he concentrated in economics and business policy. Long term, Will strives to deepen his knowledge of the dynamic relationship
Amanda works as Senior Advisor, Trade Policy for World Animal Protection. In this role she contributes to the coordination and formulation of World Animal Protection’s international trade policy activities with the U.S. Government, the World Trade Organization (WTO), and other international organizations and governments, and participates in negotiations involving environmental and animal protection under bilateral and multilateral free trade agreements.
Edie worked on NAFTA and other trade issues. She helped WITA develop a successful 3-year strategic plan when she was a board member. She’s worked at the World Bank, the US Senate and in DC public affairs. Currently she is a partner in Social Media Attitudes LLC, specializing in helping organizations train employees and scale up their social media presence. She loves the WITA community for the “enduring, warm relationships I have with so many members– and where else could I go to a prom every year?”
Brigitte is Counsel, International Affairs at John Deere in Washington DC covering legal and trade policy related issues. Prior to joining Deere, she worked as international in-house counsel in a telecom insurance company, an IT company and law firms in Washington DC as well as in Italy. She is a George Washington University LL.M graduate and is fluent in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian.
Libo is a District International Trade Officer at the U.S. Small Business Administration. He markets SBA international trade programs and services to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and financial institutions around Washington, DC area. Along with providing one-on-one counseling to entrepreneurs and small business owners seeking advice about how to start or expand their enterprises globally, he also plans, organizes and participates in export outreach events in collaboration with numerous stakeholders including SBA resource partners, economic development organizations, other federal export promotion agencies and private sector partners.
J.J. Saulino is an attorney in the Washington, DC office of Crowell & Moring, where he is a member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution and International Trade practice groups. He advises U.S. and international firms on compliance with U.S. trade regulations and serves as counsel for clients in both commercial and investor-state arbitrations.
Mario R. Palacios is Director of Export and Import Policy for Intel Corporation, and is responsible for legislative, regulatory and administrative developments in areas ranging from export controls to customs and international trade. He supports this remit in numerous forums ranging from the Information Technology Industry Association to TechAmerica to the Semiconductor Industry Association.
As Project Coordinator for Global Trade Policy, Jose is part of the Trade Policy team in Abbott’s Government Affairs that manages critical trade issues. Jose brings 25-years of experience to this position, having served in the Philippine Foreign Service in various capacities prior to joining Abbott in 2012.
A long-time WITA supporter, Kathryn is a recognized advocacy leader with experience spanning the manufacturing, services and high tech sectors. She played a key role in designing early efforts to initiate the launch of the US-EU TTIP negotiations. Kathryn is passionate about business-government relations.